Life Wireless' mission is to drive awareness and availability of the Lifeline program to under-served markets across the United States.
We are committed to being the industry-standard for compliance, and will continue to strive to prevent, detect and eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse.
LIFE WIRELESS™ is a Lifeline supported wireless service provided by TELRITE CORPORATION. LIFE WIRELESS™ offers a Lifeline discount to low income families and individuals for wireless services. To obtain LIFE WIRELESS™ service potential subscribers must meet certain eligibility requirements such as receiving governmental assistance or a household income that is 135% or below the federal poverty level. The specifics of what determines a potential subscriber's eligibility are specific to each state. LIFE WIRELESS™ service is limited to one per household, and cannot be combined with any other Lifeline offering.
Lifeline is a government assistance program. Only eligible consumers may enroll in the program and documentation is necessary. Lifeline service is non-transferable.
Telrite Corporation d/b/a Life Wireless is an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC).
Low Income telephone assistance provides a discount on a subscriber's monthly bill. Eligibility is based on income or participation in assistance programs related to income.
In general, if a subscriber participates in any of the following programs, they are qualified for low-income telephone assistance.
- Temporary Assistance to needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- National Free School Lunch Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
or an income that is at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
In addition, residents of Federally-recognized Tribal lands may qualify under the following programs:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered TANF
- Head Start (meeting income-qualifying standards)
WHAT IS LIFELINE SUPPORT?
Lifeline support lowers the cost of basic, monthly local telephone service. An eligible customer may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline or wireless connection, but the discount is available for only one telephone connection per household. Lifeline does not apply to taxes, surcharges, and mileage charges.
To learn more about the LifeLine Program, please visit these links:
- Universal Service Administrative Company: Lifeline
- Federal Communications Commission
- FCC Encyclopedia: Lifeline Public Service Announcements
CTIA CONSUMER CODE FOR WIRELESS SERVICE
The CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association) and select wireless carriers have developed the following Consumer Code. Life Wireless has voluntarily adopted the principles, disclosures, and practices for wireless service provided to individual consumers. These principles are:
- DISCLOSE RATES AND TERMS OF SERVICE TO CONSUMERS
- MAKE AVAILABLE MAPS SHOWING WHERE SERVICE IS GENERALLY AVAILABLE
- PROVIDE CONTRACT TERMS TO CUSTOMERS AND CONFIRM CHANGES IN SERVICE
- ALLOW A TRIAL PERIOD FOR NEW SERVICE
- PROVIDE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES IN ADVERTISING
- SEPARATELY IDENTIFY CARRIER CHARGES FROM TAXES ON BILLING STATEMENTS
- PROVIDE CUSTOMERS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICE FOR CHANGES TO CONTRACT TERMS
- PROVIDE READY ACCESS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE
- PROMPTLY RESPOND TO CONSUMER INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS RECEIVED FROM GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- ABIDE BY POLICIES FOR PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER PRIVACY
JOIN THE LIFE WIRELESS TEAM
To learn about job opportunities please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com